Episode 6: Paige gilchrist
eRYT500, Former Editor Lark Books
Paige’s warm and welcoming style will invite you to stretch, strengthen, balance, move energy, release stress and tension, and cultivate a sense of wholeness you can take with you back into the world. She specializes in gentle, slow-flow, yin, and restorative yoga, including meditation, relaxation, and simple breathwork. In today’s episode, we explore how yoga can be a source of inspiration and support to nourish the body and mind regardless of how messy life can get. Paige reminds us that yoga is so much more than what we find on the mat.
Paige has been practicing yoga and meditation for more than 20 years. She trained at Asheville Yoga Center (AYC), where she earned advanced certification with an emphasis in therapeutic yoga, and is Yoga Alliance certified (E-RYT 200/RYT 500). This fall, she joins the staff of AYC’s 200-hour Teacher Training Program. In her former life, she studied theatre and ran an editorial imprint for Lark Books, a publishing division of Barnes & Noble. Paige serves with Asheville’s Light a Path (www.lightapath.org), coordinating the nonprofit’s many programs for bringing yoga and wellness practices into incarceration facilities, and teaches a weekly class at a men’s medium-security prison.
You can receive Paige’s newsletter by contacting her at email@example.com
• Classes for private groups, such as work retreats, celebrations of special events, or on-site office yoga.
• Workshops on topics such as Yoga for Beginners, Yoga for Back Care, and Yoga for Stress Reduction.
• Afternoon and evening Mini-Retreats, often in collaboration with aromatherapists, sound-immersion healers, and others, offering luxurious deep dives into relaxation and restoration.
• Weekend Yoga Retreats focused on the nourishment of connecting with the natural rhythms of the seasons.
• Private one-on-one and small-group sessions.
We chat about:
How Paige approaches each class and how she creates a multi-level experience
Using the elements and the seasons to cultivate integration in a yoga practice
Bringing the yoga practice off the mat
Light A Path – www.lightapath.org
Embracing all parts of yoga